Thursday, March 7, 2013

Falling Off My Needles - Cabled Vest

First of all, let me just remind you that I don't knit garments. I have had so many failures in that department that the taste in my mouth is nothing but sweet bitterness. Sweet bitterness? Yes, that's the kind of bitterness that sometimes tastes a little sweet to make you forget the real bitterness taste giving you the gull to cast-on that beautiful, seamed, stranded sweater that you added to your favourites on Ravelry only to re-discover how much you hate knitting those kinds of things.

I digress.

This is a garment, yes. BUT - it's for a smaller human and it doesn't have sleeves. Vests are my new besties. That being said, this half-garment was a challenge. The cables, the button bands, the lining for the button bands, the i-cord button loops...phew! Lots of steps in this one.

I put this down many times to knit others. I really procrastinated on the i-cord button loops and sewing down the lining on the button band. It's always the final steps that frustrate me.

The pattern can be found here, and my Ravelry notes here.

It just fits my little subject. Oh well...I'll save it for little miss.








2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job! I have yet to work up to something this big. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. There are a few mistakes but hopefully only I can see them. ;)
      The best part is when he asked if he could wear it to school. A knitting mother's dream!

      Delete